NDArrays in octave API with dimension greater than 3: follow up

From: John Weatherwax
Subject: NDArrays in octave API with dimension greater than 3: follow up
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:40:06 -0600

Hello,

I think I have found a solution to my own problem, I construct a 4
dimensional array as follows:

  // u T(otal) solution is declared as an "NDArray":
 dim_vector dv(NPDE,NX,NY); // dimension of each solution page
 dim_vector dvd(ntouts);    // dimension of the number of pages
 dv.concat(dvd);
 NDArray uT( dv );
 Array<int> dim(4,0);
 // u T(ime) S(tep) solution:
 Matrix uTS( NPDE, NX, NY );

  for (int i = 0; i < nr_results; i++) {
      // generate a uTS 3D array ... created with the code I "wrote"
      // not shown ...

      // append the matrix
      dim(3) = i;
      uT = uT.concat(uTS, dim);
  }

Thanks to any that responded,

John Weatherwax (Wax)

c------------------------------------------------------------------------
c Old letter follows:
c------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been successful in using/working with NDArrays of *3*
dimensions in the C++ octave API before but now I need to create and
manipulate a *4* dimensional array.  The code I had used before solved
a problem and generated a "page" of data which I then concatenated
onto the created array.  The code I used (provide with much thanks, by
Stefan van der Walt) is essentially the following:

  int nr_results = 10;
  int rows = 5;
  int cols = 5;

  NDArray nda(dim_vector(rows, cols, nr_results));
  Array<int> dim(3,0);

  for (int i = 0; i < nr_results; i++) {
      // generate a matrix ... created with the code I "wrote"
      Matrix A(rows, cols, 0);
      A(0,0) = i;

      // append the matrix
      dim(2) = i;
      nda = nda.concat(A, dim);
  }

Not "super" familiar with the API I'm not sure how to generalize the
dim_vector call to create a 4 dimensional array along with any other
unseen gotchas.  I still basically need to do the same thing but now
the code I "wrote" generates a three dimensional matrix/array and I
concatenate along the last dimension again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

John (WAX) Weatherwax

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963