Re: Octave in Universities

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Re: Octave in Universities
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:44:28 +0100

Hello,

El Martes, 14 de Marzo de 2006 18:20, Quentin Spencer escribió:
> Yes, but don't you have to do the same thing in the Matlab GUI when you
> forget the commands? I guess I agree with John on this--the GUI offers
> some nice features, and for many applications it helps quite a bit for
> beginners, but for Matlab/Octave, I don't see what difference a GUI
> makes for learning the language.

When I read the messages about the Matlab GUI, I thought you were talking
about Simulink:
http://www.mathworks.com/products/simulink/?BB=1

I haven't used it, but it looks like a killer application. It makes using
Matlab a complete different experience. There is no Free Software like
Simulink :-(  Well, I tested Scicos a long time ago, but I found it quite
unusable.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es