Re: What should be the extension of octave files?

From: kamaraju kusumanchi
Subject: Re: What should be the extension of octave files?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:28:47 -0500

kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

I have browsed through /usr/share/doc/octave2.9-doc/octave.pdf which is the octave manual shipped with debian unstable octave 2.9 packages.

This manual seems to be written in Feb 1997. Have there been no changes done to octave since then? or was this document just not updated with the latest changes?

In the case of the later, Is there any latest documentation available (except other than reading the source code)?

thanks
raju

Sorry I forgot to ask the actual question I started out with.

What should be the extension of octave files when the octave programs are not compatible with matlab? Should it always be .m or can it be something else?

For example, in matlab the function definitions look like

function name
 body
end

where as in octave the definitions look like

function name
 body
endfunction

which does not work in matlab.