Re: possible bug

From: Steve C. Thompson
Subject: Re: possible bug
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:14:59 -0800

On 23 Feb 06 22:10PM, Gorazd Brumen wrote:
> In what respect does this special whitespace feature removal
> "causes a lot more problems than it solves" - apart from
> compatibility?

Compatibility is, for better or for worse, crucial for people
like me who collaborate with Matlab users.  Octave could be made
better and cleaner by solving the issue at hand, but loosing
compatibility weakens the Octave project in: 1) converting the
Matlab user to Octave and 2) keeping collaboration between the
two groups alive.  This is just the way it is, currently.

Steve