installation problem on windows

From: Agnes Bousquier
Subject: installation problem on windows
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:50:11 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

  I have installed Octave 2.1.72 following the instruction J.W Eaton gives
in
the file : ftp://ftp.octave.org/pub/octave/README.Windows. I am using
Windows XP Professionnal as OS and I installed Octave with the binary
package. Unfortunately, when I try to execute the command "sombrero (41)",
as it is advised to do in the readme file, no plot window appears. And if
I try to build a .oct file, I get the message "bash : mkoctfile : command
not found".
Could anyone please tell me where the problem is?

Agnes Bousquier