Re: Octave Help

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: Octave Help
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:17:38 +0800

Clewell, Craig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I ran across the Octave software for the first time, and I'm confused as
> hell as to how to install it.  I'm using WinXP Pro as my operating system,
> and I also have never been much of a Unix guy.  Would it be possible for you
> to let me know how to install on my machine.
>
> Thanks,

Basically, click here
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe

to download the installer and following the instructions. It's a point and click
setup programme. Using the default it supplies will usually work. You can find
Octave under the Math category. When you select it, it will also install a
(rather large) number of other packages (including the X windows system for
plotting to work) as well.

See also these notes
http://home.tiscalinet.ch/paulsoderlind/Software/Software.html#SoftwareTop

Post again if you encounter problems.