Re: 2.9.4 on mac OSX tiger

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: 2.9.4 on mac OSX tiger
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:47:42 -0700

Since the liboct library (and/or) octave executable will
contain the readline library, there is no need for the dynamic
linker to try to load a dynamic library.

Dmitri.

Marius Schamschula wrote:
Dmitri,

True, but why? How does this help me in not picking up Apple's /usr/lib/readline.dylib?

I have a proper readline.5.dylib installed in /usr/local/lib, so why should I use readline.a?