How does print work?

From: Sebastian Schubert
Subject: How does print work?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:19:02 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I use Octave 2.1.69 and corespondig octave-forge. I want to use print to
save a plot. How do I use it? I tried the following:

x=1:20;
y=2*x;
plot(x,y)
print("test.eps")

which gives me

warning: in fopen near line 55, column 3:
warning: fopen: default open mode is now binary
error: plot: can only plot in 2 or 3 dimensions
error: plot: can only plot in 2 or 3 dimensions
error: called from `print' in file
`/usr/share/octave/2.1.69/site/m/octave-forge/plot/print.m'
error: near line 3 of file `/tmp/sebschub/test.m'

and a 0 byte test.eps.  I tried putting it before plot, do a replot, even
tried the line from help print. Didn't work.

Is it a bug or me?

Thanks
Sebastian