Re: octave editor

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: octave editor
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:13:23 +0200

you can use SciTe w/o any problems to your cygwin install. download the windows version.

Your files will all go under your cygwin homedir which is
c:\cygwin\home\username by default, and where username is your windows username.

Shai

alfred ogola wrote:
Greetings,

I recently downloaded the whoe of cygwin to my laptop.
At school we use MATLAB but I understand I can use
Octave at home for the same purpose. I wonder however
what editor Cygwin comes with for Octave. I was almost
downloading SciTi but it seems I have to be careful as
my Octave is under Cygwin and not in an environment
like Unix.

Another ssue is where to save my files. And if at all
I save my files, where will they go to?

Thanks so much for the help

Alfred