Re: Octave command prompt

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave command prompt
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:44:19 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Robert A. Macy wrote:

Wow, my command prompt is...

...and that's it.

Do you need it shorter than that?

How did you get it so short?  They always look like this...

octave:1>

...or so I thought. They've looked like that on every system on which I have compiled and used Octave. I like mine as it is because it reminds me that I'm not in my Linux/UNIX shell, but I can understand shortening it under some conditions (handheld device, etc.).

Mike