Re: How to use Zeros(x,y,z) function

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: How to use Zeros(x,y,z) function
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:13:04 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, pUl| wrote:

Related post in the archives -> http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.1998/msg00202.html

That's a related post from May 1998, which is 7.5 years ago. Happily, things have changed since then!

MathLab supports zero function with more than two parameters. in MathLab,
B = zeros(d1,d2,d3...) or B = zeros([d1 d2 d3...]) returns an array of zeros with dimensions d1-by-d2-by-d3-by-... .

I need to generate a zeros array with d1-by-d2-by-d3 (3D). But according to the help Octave supports only for two parameters in Zeros function. Is there any way of genarating this kind of matrix using Octave?

In newer versions, this is supported. For example, I use version 2.1.71 and it does it just fine:

octave:1> zeros(2,3,4,2)
ans =

ans(:,:,1,1) =

  0  0  0