Re: Problem building 2.9.4 on x86_64

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Problem building 2.9.4 on x86_64
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:13:20 -0600

Orion Poplawski wrote:

Tim Davis wrote:
You cannot typecast the long * down to int *.
You need to call cholmod_l_row_subtree instead, when compiling
with -m64.  The 4th argument of that function is long *, not int *.

Likewise for all other CHOLMOD routines.  You need cholmod_l_*
when compiling in 64-bit mode with 64-bit integers.

Thanks!  Attached patch did the trick for me.

Thanks for doing that--I meant to try doing the same thing but I haven't had much time. I used your patch in a new release for Fedora Extras development that will hopefully build on all architectures this time.

-Quentin