Re: mkoctfile and *any* gui toolkit under cygwin

From: Brian Blais
Subject: Re: mkoctfile and *any* gui toolkit under cygwin
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:52:02 -0400

John W. Eaton wrote:

Are you able to build other working .oct files?

yes, I can.  no problem there.

Are you sure you are
using the same C++ compiler to build the .oct files that was used to
build Octave?

yes, because I compile octave myself.

Is there a Cygwin package for fltk?  Is fltk C or C++
code?

I've done both, with the package, and with compile fltk directly using the same compiler. no difference.

If it is C++, was it compiled with the same C++ compiler that
was used to build Octave and the .oct file that you are using to
connect the two?

Do you have a small self-contained example that you
can provide so someone else might be able to reproduce the problem,
including precise directions that explain how to get and install the
necessary extra stuff like fltk, and exactly what to do to demonstrate
the bug?

absolutely. It will take a bit to write up the directions for installing fltk to include in the example, but I actually posted the example to the list before. I will try to be systematic, including the directions for fltk, and then repost it.

                                bb

--

            address@hidden
            http://web.bryant.edu/~bblais