Re: How do I install Octave on Mac OS X?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: How do I install Octave on Mac OS X?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:06:18 -0700

Thanks for tip which I will use when I next install something using Fink.

What exactly needs to be edited in /sw/etc/fink.conf below. Is it
'Trees: local/main unstable/main unstable/crypto' instead of
'Trees: local/main stable/main stable/crypto' ?
and perhaps
'UseBinaryDist: false'  instead of
'UseBinaryDist: true'  if no binary is available?
Henry

# Fink configuration, initially created by bootstrap.pl
Basepath: /sw
RootMethod: sudo
Trees: local/main stable/main stable/crypto
Mirror-apt: http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/bindist
Mirror-cpan: ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/
Mirror-ctan: ftp://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/
Mirror-debian: ftp.debian.org
Mirror-gimp: ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/
Mirror-gnome: ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/
Mirror-gnu: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu
Mirror-kde: ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/
Mirror-master: http://distfiles.master.finkmirrors.net/
Mirror-rsync: rsync://master.us.finkmirrors.net/finkinfo/
Mirror-sourceforge: http://west.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/
MirrorContinent: nam
MirrorCountry: nam-us
MirrorOrder: MasterFirst