octaviz and color

From: Jeff Abrahamson
Subject: octaviz and color
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:34:42 -0400

I've been playing with octaviz all morning.  It's very nice.  My need
is to image surfaces for which I have triangular meshes, so I find
myself using vtk_trisurf mostly.

Near as I can tell, though, vtk_trisurf.m ignores anything I say about
color.  Am I confused?

What I want to be able to do is color certain triangles special
colors, such as have a triangulated shape that is all light gray but a
few regions I'll want to highlight in blue and a few others I'll want
to highlight in red.

As a toy example, suppose I want to discover regions of high
curvature.  I'd then want to highlight triangles adjacent to high
curvature areas so I can see how well my curvature program works.

Any pointers appreciated.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287