Octave forge missing from Etch ?

From: Madhusudan Singh
Subject: Octave forge missing from Etch ?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:36:58 -0400

Hi

I am using Debian Etch (testing) distribution. During some customary updates,
I found to my horror that both octave-forge and octave-matcompat were
removed.

Upon trying to install them, I get :

sudo apt-get install octave-forge
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package octave-forge is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package octave-forge has no installation candidate

Is this a temporary problem (hopefully) ? I use octave forge functions a lot
and do not want to sit and compile it for an otherwise Debian packaged octave
installation.

Thanks.