Colors in plots and legend position

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Colors in plots and legend position
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:59:55 +0200

Hello,

I'm pretty sure that these questions have been discused in the list before but
I haven't been able to find the messages in the archive :-(

I'm using Octave 2.9.3.

I am programing a function that plots a graphic and I need more than 6 colors.
Is possible to use more than 6?

'help plot' says:

"   `C'
          If C is one of `"r"', `"g"', `"b"', `"m"', `"c"', or `"w"',
          it is interpreted as the plot color (red, green, blue,
          magenta, cyan, or white)."

OK. But, below that you can read:

"     The color line styles have the following meanings on terminals that
     support color.

          Number  Gnuplot colors  (lines)points style
            1       red                   *
            2       green                 +
            3       blue                  o
            4       magenta               x
            5       cyan                house
            6       brown            there exists"

That is a little bit inconsistent because in one of the cases there is white
but in the other it mutates to brown.

Another question, is possible change the place where the legend is written
withou use the command 'legend' from octave-forge?

Thanks in advance,

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es