how to subscribe -- two different web pages

From: Mike Miller
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:52:48 -0500 (CDT)

From http://www.octave.org/archive.html we see this:

  If you would like to join the discussion and receive all messages sent
  to these mailing lists, please send a message containing just the word
  subscribe in the body to address@hidden (to join the help list)

And from http://www.octave.org/help.html we see this:

  If would like to join the discussion, please send a message containing
  just subscribe in the body to address@hidden

If both help-subscribe and help-request do the same thing, we're fine, but one of my students wrote to help-request yesterday to subscribe and nothing happened (I don't know that she did it correctly though).

Mike