Re: Possible bug in the assignment operator when handling arrays of stru

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Possible bug in the assignment operator when handling arrays of structs which hold arrays of structs (or I just don't know how to correctly phrase the search on the bugs list)
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:05:53 +0200

Hi,

Brendan Drew wrote:
I'm afraid this is a bit involved, [SNIP]
Yes, it seems a bit involved, so I'm not sure if I understand you question. I've sniped quite a bit of your mail, sorry everybody...

If I understand you correctly a "down-scaled" version of your problem is something like this:

a.vec = rand(1,3);
b(1,1) = a;
b(1,2) = a

which gives you:

b =
{
  vec =

  (,
    [1] =

      0.16729  0.61153  0.13968

    [2] =

      0.16729  0.61153  0.13968

  ,)

}

What you might want is something like this (using cell array instead of a matrix):

c{1,1} = a;
c{1,2} = a

which gives you
c =

{
  [1,1] =
  {
    vec =

      0.16729  0.61153  0.13968

  }

  [1,2] =
  {
    vec =

      0.16729  0.61153  0.13968

  }

}

As I said in the beginning, I don't really understand your question, but I thought there might be a slight chance that my quess could help you :-)

/Søren