passing function names in to fortran subroutines

From: Marek Szczypinski
Subject: passing function names in to fortran subroutines
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:47:46 -0500

Hello,
not long ago I have started to use dynamically linked functions.
I learnt how to use them to link fortran subroutines, but I can't find anything about passing a function name to a fortran subroutine. How to pass a function name from octave (C++ dynamically linked function) to a fortran subroutine like the one below??
        SUBROUTINE(FUNC,X,Y)
        REAL*8 FUNC, X, Y
        EXTERN FUNC
C       DO SOMETHING...