Re: Re: bicubic spline interpolation in octave

From: Hoxide Ma
Subject: Re: Re: bicubic spline interpolation in octave
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:23:31 +0800 (CST)

Thanks all of you!

I'm prepareing for CUMCM (China Undergraduate
Mathematical Contest in Modeling
http://mcm.edu.cn/DEFAULTe.HTM), and decided to use
Octave instand for Matlab. Then I found the  interp2.m
in octave-forge didn't contained bicubic
interpolation. Then I changed the cubic function in
Matlab, let it can work in Octave, it's enough for my
personal using. But if want this code add into
Octave-forge, the copyright is a big problem.

Bicubic interpolation is a common way for 2D
interpolation problem. This method is knew widely.
I sure 'bicubic' is an easy problem to my math teacher
who are study in  Computational Geometry, he have
teached this, unfortunately my notes and books are
leaved in the school. Then I googled it. Thanks,
Miquel and Bill, I have read that.
Although 'bicubic' is 'common', you must deal with
some minutias to realize this arithmetic. That's
difficulty for me, now. And I have to learn other
things, to finish my homework, it's sigh.

Maybe i will post the new bicubic.m which realized
bicubic interpolation in my own way, in several weeks.

BTW: I'm sorry for my poor English.

A student of Math in Soochow University in China.
Intrested in Math, Python, Twisted, Prolog and .NET/MONO.

雅虎免费G邮箱-中国第一绝无垃圾邮件骚扰超大邮箱
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/?id=77071