Re: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type

From: Kocsis Attila
Subject: Re: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 01:22:33 -0700 (PDT)

 Yes, of course. Sorry for thinking that it's
something
 general and somebody can answer it without seeing the
 code...

 So the code is:

> % Input variables:
>       clear all
>       N = 2;
>       icrf = 0.01;
>       elf = -5;
>       vef = 5;
>       icr = 0.01;
>       el = -4*pi;
>       ve = 4*pi;
>
> % Opening a file for data to be written.
>
>       la = fopen('/home/dat/N2.5n4n01.dat', 'wt');
>
> %%%%%%%%%%% Begining of Iteration %%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> for f = elf:icrf:vef
>       zfp = 0;
>
> for k = el:icr:ve
>
>        a(1) = k;
>        a(2) = 2*a(1) - N*f*cos(a(1));
>
>       for m = 2:(N-1)
>               a(m+1) = 2*a(m) - a(m-1) -
> -N-m+1)*f*cos(a(m));
>       end
>               zfn = a(N-1) + f*cos(a(N)) - a(N);
>                                                                       if
> (zfn*zfp < 0)
>               a0 = (a(1) + b)/2;
>               fprintf(la, '%f   %f\n', a0,f);
>       end
>
>        b = a(1);
>        zfp = zfn;
>
> end
> end
>
> %%%%%%%%%%% End of Iteration %%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>

>       fclose(la);

 That is. Nothing special, and the result is as it
 should be, I just don't understand what is this
report
 then:
 error: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown
 type> type
 I'm quite new to octave, before I had used some
 Matlab, and I guess it would be OK on that...

 Any guess?
 Thanks
 Atis

http://mail.yahoo.com