Re: Program still does not print out while running

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Program still does not print out while running
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:21:58 -0400

On 29-Apr-2005, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

| If you indeed checked for the same variable you
| set at the beginning of the script, and this variable
| undefined, I suspect that somewhere in your script
| you have "clear all"  removing this variable.

It is not supposed to be possible to clear built-in variables:

  octave:1> page_output_immediately
  page_output_immediately = 0
  octave:2> clear all
  octave:3> page_output_immediately
  page_output_immediately = 0

But I don't know what 2.1.50 did (ancient history).  Maybe there was a
bug back then that made it possible to clear built-in variables, which
could cause some trouble.

jwe