Re: Program still does not print out while running

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Program still does not print out while running
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:13:33 -0400

On 29-Apr-2005, Robert A. Macy wrote:

| The script says...
| page_output_immediately=1;
| ...but fails to print out until the end
|
| my emails incorrectly said...
| page_out_immediately=1;
| sorry.
|
| Reading the
| >> help page_output_immediately
| says that the default is zero, so this program should never
| have been printing out when I first start up octave, yet
| that's the only time the script prints out while running.
| hmmmm....

I don't understand what you mean here, but if you really want to
bypass the pager, use page_screen_output = 0 (also equivalent to
more ("off")).

Maybe you have found a bug.  But I think page_output_immediately works
for me, so perhaps it has been fixed.  You said you are using 2.1.50
on Windows 98.  At some point, you might consider upgrading to a newer
version of Octave (if not a newer OS).  Octave 2.1.50 is almost two
years old now, and a lot has changed in those two years.

If you think you have found a bug in Octave, then please submit a
complete report that someone can use to reproduce the problem.
Otherwise, we have nothing to debug.  But first, it would be helpful
if you could verify whether the problem has been fixed in the current
recommended version of Octave.

The longer you keep using very old versions of Octave, the more likely
it is that you will hit bugs that have already been fixed, so sending
reports for those problems without first checking to see whether they
have been fixed in the current recommended version tends to waste the
time of the people who can help.

jwe