WARNING: I found f2c but not libf2c.a, or libF77.a and libI77.a

From: Arnab mukherji
Subject: WARNING: I found f2c but not libf2c.a, or libF77.a and libI77.a
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:07:34 +0000

| Hi !
|
| I am new to Octave and indeed have been safely cocconed in windows so far so
I am having a tough time trying to make a binary version of octave.

| Based on John Eaton excellent readme.txt I have downloaded cygwin, and octave
and am trying to now run ./configure in cygwin to create a makefile.

| Initially, I had issues since it was unable to find a fortran compiler or f2c
- however i was able to locate some version of f2c from the web and now
configure works - but ends with a warning "WARNING: I found f2c but not
libf2c.a, or libF77.a and libI77.a"

| now i do have a directory called libf2c - but it doesnt have anything called
libf2c.a there are just some "libf2c.sy" and "libf2c.lbc" files. So, I am
wondering how to compile/build libf2c.a assuming that it is critical to do so.
also are the other two files libf77.a and libI77.a files that I need to get ?