retaining interpreter when running script from command line

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: retaining interpreter when running script from command line
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:28:04 -0700

I want to be able to run a script from the OS command line, but stay
inside the interpreter after the script finishes executing.  In other
words, if I type:

Unix Shell> octave script.m

...I do NOT want Octave to exit upon completion of script.m.

I have been told that this is the default behavior in M**lab, which
requires an explicit "exit" statement at the end of the script if one
wants to return to the OS command prompt.  I suspect that this is
related to Octave's hash-bang (#!) functionality, which I believe to be
one of its nicer features.  Is there, however, a way to force Octave to
stay in the interpreter after running a script?  At first, I thought
that the "-i" option would do this, but after initial tests, it is clear
to me that I don't really understand what this option is for.

-EJR