oct-files are still undefined

From: Stefan.Veit
Subject: oct-files are still undefined
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:02:55 +0100

Hello all together!

I have installed some versions of octave and there's always the same
problem:
I can build an oct-file with "$ mkoctfile name.cc" but if I want to use
it
in octave with ">> name", there's the message "name undefined"! as
.m-files are
working. I have set the loadpath to all directorys (>> LOADPATH =
"../..//").

Now I have octave-2.1.66, configured with --enable-shared, but there's
still
this problem. Is there a way to create oct-files octave can work with?

Or is it possible to create them with the octave-application for
windows? (2.1.50)

My third question concerns gnuplot. I changed the path for
pgnuplot.exe in the file octaverc and it functioned with octave-2.1.49,
but now
in the 2.1.66 there's even no error-message, and p.e. the command
"sombrero(41)"
is accepted, but nothing happens.

Thank you for the answer!

Stefan Veit