Re: False alarm (Re: reshape slowdown?)

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: False alarm (Re: reshape slowdown?)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:18:52 -0700

John W. Eaton wrote:
Transpose is not implemented with lapack or blas functions.  I suppose
it could be due to changing from 2-d to N-d arrays, but I don't see
anything obvious that would account for a slowdown.

On Athlon MP 2000 MHz:

octave:3> s=rand(3000);
octave:4> tic; a=s'; toc
ans = 1.9846

On Athlon XP 1666 MHz -> 0.9 second.
The only difference between those machines
is lapack library...
Also on MP computer the time was almost 1/2 of that
back in June (octave.2.1.57)...

I am still looking at it, but I am really puzzled.

jwe

Dmitri.