Re: Removing an old version

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Removing an old version
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:20:15 -0600

Diego Ruiz wrote:

Dear all,

I've just installed version 2.1.64 in my Fedora 2 system and it turns out that both installations are "coexisting". I mean my hard drive is plenty of files and directories of version 2.1.57.

Is there a "safe" way for removing all of them without leaving "traces" of it in the HD?
If your 2.1.57 installation is the one that came with the Fedora system, running the command
rpm -e octave
as root should remove it. If you installed it by compiling from source, you will need to do
rm -Rf /usr/share/octave/2.1.57
rm -Rf /usr/libexec/octave/2.1.57
rm -f /usr/bin/octave*-2.1.57
There might be other files, but this will remove the important ones, and should leave your 2.1.64 installation intact.

-Quentin