2 linear eq

From: shih lin
Subject: 2 linear eq
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 19:27:49 -0800

to solve  8x + y =-29
8x - y = -19

I do

>> function z=f(x)
  z=[8*x(1)+x(2)=-29, 8*x(1)-x(2)=-19];
   endfunction
>> fsolve("f",[0,0])
error: invalid lvalue function called in expression
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 2, column 17
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 2, column 4
error: called from `f'
error: fsolve: evaluation of user-supplied function failed

I am in GNU Octave, version 2.1.42 (i686-pc-cygwin), if anyone can point how to
upgrade I am highly appreciate(I get it just follow download website's
instruction)

eric

http://Game.37.com/  <--- Free Games
http://newJoke.com/   <---  J O K E S  ! ! !