Re: MATLAB script for parsing ENVI headers?

From: Jonathan Greenberg
Subject: Re: MATLAB script for parsing ENVI headers?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 11:53:09 -0800

Hi Paul:

    RSI ENVI (www.rsinc.com) is a widely used commercial satellite imagery
analysis system.  ENVI is used often enough that their image format (really
just a binary matrix file with a header file) has become a semi-standard in
the community.  While its easy to manually open the header file and look at
how the image is organized (numbers of samples, lines, bands, floating
point/integer/whatever, big-endian/little-endian, etc.), it would make data
import/export much easier to be able to read the header file and glean all
the needed info from it (so I could write a more generalized "open this
file").  I think another subscriber sent me a script to parse the header, so
I'll check that out.  Thanks for the email tho!

--j