Re: "Movie" of plots

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: "Movie" of plots
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:48:44 -0700

Robert,

You don't say what platform that you are running. On my Mac it is easy to
make .pdf files to send via AquaTerm. Otherwise, doing a "replot" to
postscript or some other popular graphics format allows the use of the
"upgrade" version of Acrobat or some other graphics program such as
ghostscript to package or convert the results.

Making a movie would require importing the frames sequentially into an mpeg
or similar movie program. There are several around that allow scripting to
simplify the frame-by-frame import. I've done it with .sgi files and
QuickTime on the Mac.

Others will state their favorites for Linux-land and on Windows.

Joe