Re: octave graphical output question

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: octave graphical output question
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:56:44 -0700

Paul Cefola wrote:
I have a program that outputs the results of numerical computations as a text file. This program runs on a Linux platform.

I would like to create nice high resolution plots from these files at modest cost (MatLab has been used for this function in the past but is not available at moderate cost now) for inclusion in MS Word documents that will be prepared on a Windows box (XP professional).

I am told that Octave should be considered. Can you give me the next level of detail?

If all you need to plot the data from the file (with a minimum of processing)
you should really use straight gnuplot. http://www.gnuplot.info/

Thanks,

Paul Cefola

Sincerely,