how to create a png from bash or php-file

From: Peter Lischka
Subject: how to create a png from bash or php-file
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:55:39 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

i have a simple octave-file grph.m:

function prr
x=[0:0.1:10];
y=sin(x);
plot(x,y);
% end function

which creates a simple sinus-plot when i start it in the octave-prompt.
what i want to know is:

1.) how can i run my "grph.m" out from a linux-bash?
maybe "octave grph.m"?
but i only got the greeting-text and no plot?

2:) how can i run my program out from a php-script (maybe with "shell_exec")
or from a bash-script, so that i get a file grph.png?
what commands shall i add in my grph.m-file and what commands do i need to
add in my php-script/bash-script?

cheers,
peter

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!