Re: Naming arrays

From: Soren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Naming arrays
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:15:19 +0100

Hi
Can't  you use a cell array?

a{1} = Matrix_1
a{2} = Matrix_2

/Soren

Diego Ruiz wrote:
Thear all,

Is there any way for sequentially naming arrays?
The point is, I'm working in a simulation routine which, depending on the parameters of each particular run, will generate a number of arrays (matrices) m<M. Is is possible to sequentially name them , for example Matrix_1
Matrix_2
Matrix_3
Matrix_m,
without explicitly entering them in the main body of the program?

Note: Because of the nature of the routine I cannot use multidimensional arrays.

Than you very much,
Diego

                 Diego Ruiz Hernández
               www.econ.upf.es/~diruiz

Universitat Pompeu Fabra,  Dept. d'Economia i Empresa
          c/ Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27, 08025,
                   Barcelona, ESPAÑA

Fall Term:
         Edinburgh University, School Of Management
        William Robertson Building, 50 George Square
                 Edinburgh EH8 9JY, UK