Threads and IPC

From: Kalle August Raiskila
Subject: Threads and IPC
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:03:36 +0200 (EET)

Hello

Is it possible to send messages to octave from other processes?
What I'd like to have is a "normal" octave terminal to which I could
send commands from an other program.

I looked into MPI, but if I understood correctly, it would need the
octave-process to "poll" for the MPI-message, hence the octave terminal
wouldn't be "in normal use".

I also looked at "listen" from octave-forge, but I couldn't understand
howto use it. Listen would propably be just what I'm looking for,
if I could fork it into an other thread (in octave). Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Kalle Raiskila