compiling oct files for the windows stand-alone install?

From: Brian Blais
Subject: compiling oct files for the windows stand-alone install?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:09:10 -0400

Hello,

Is there a way to compile an oct file for someone running the
stand-alone install of octave?  I know that version can run oct files,
because there are some in the install.  I'd like to be able to make
octave packages that don't require someone to go through the cygwin
install, or compile the package themselves, at least for windows.  Is
this possible?

                        thanks,

                                Brian Blais

--