binary versions of functions

From: Brian Blais
Subject: binary versions of functions
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:49:23 -0400

Hello,

I have only recently been introduced to octave, and really like it so far. Most of my experience comes from Matlab, but I have used Scilab for about a year. I was wondering if the following thing is possible in octave. Sometimes, during my teaching, I like to give students code that works, but is only runnable, not readable. In Matlab you can make p-files, and in scilab you can save functions as .bin files, and load them later. In each of these cases the students can load and run the code, but can't see the source. Is there such a thing in octave? If not, can anyone think of some way I could distribute working code, but not have the source readable?

thanks for the help,

                Brian Blais

--

            address@hidden