Re: dir/ls once again

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: dir/ls once again
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:28:15 -0700

Is my older version of Octave the problem that x =
char({dir('*.CandO').name}) does not work or am I not doing this correctly?
octave:13> OCTAVE_VERSION
OCTAVE_VERSION = 2.1.46
octave:14> computer
powerpc-apple-darwin6.6

octave:18> cd CandO
octave:19> pwd
/Users/mollet/CandO
octave:20> ls
Cc09_01_copy.jpg                        imread.m
Easterlingetal2000                      koski.m
Cut % CandO directory has lots of files

octave:21> x = char({dir('*.CandO').name})
ls: *.CandO: No such file or directory
error: matrix cannot be indexed with .
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 21, column 3
octave:21> cd
octave:22> pwd
/Users/mollet
octave:23> x = char({dir('*.CandO').name})
ls: *.CandO: No such file or directory
error: matrix cannot be indexed with .
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 23, column 3
Henry