DLL Remap Issue under Cygwin

From: Phillips, James R
Subject: DLL Remap Issue under Cygwin
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 14:32:17 -0500

Hi,

I am running octave 2.1.60 compiled under cygwin.  I have a dynamically
loadable (.oct) function I have written that has causes some strange
behavior.  The call to the function is wrapped inside an m-file.

When I execute the m-file from the octave command line, and follow it with
the "ls" command, I get an error message like this:

========
C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\octave-2.1.60.exe (68432): *** unable to remap
C:\cygwin\usr\local\libexec\octave\2.1.60\oct\i686-pc-cygwin\find.oct to
same address as parent(0x3DF0000) != 0x3E10000
   6664 [main] octave 68404 sync_with_child: child 68432(0x1CC) died before
initialization with status code 0x1
   6810 [main] octave 68404 sync_with_child: *** child state child loading
dlls
========

Octave keeps running, and I can execute "system('ls')" with no issues.
Also, I can re-execute the m-file without any issue.  However, the session
is hosed, as executing "help find" causes more error messages like that
above.

If I execute the .oct function from the command line, without the m-file
wrapper (in a fresh octave session), this issue never occurs.

Basically, I am having trouble debugging the problem because I don't have
any insight into what the error message means or what could cause it, so I'm
not able to narrow the focus of the search for the bug.  I suspect it is in
my own code (.oct function), but don't have any idea what to look for.

Can anyone give me some insight into what the remap issue is, and what kinds
of errors might cause it?

Thanks,

Jim Phillips