Segmentation fault

From: robert Macy
Subject: Segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:38:30 -0700

I get a segmentation fault, panic, octave shutdown when...
I try to write a long wav file.  (20 seconds, 96000, 24
bit)

I don't know when the failure occurs, during creation of
the very large vector, or during writing to the file

I'm running 2.1.57 octave binary unders Windows98

The problem occurs at high sample rates, 24 bit
digitization, AND long time.

The max I seem to be able to get is around 20 seconds of
run time.

Is there an easy way to avoid this error?