an array with negative index

From: Jean-Michel besnard
Subject: an array with negative index
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:04:55 -0700

Hi,

I wish to plot a distribution that could look like:
coefficient value: -4  -3  -2  -1  0  1  2  3  4
number of hits:    0    5   9  12  17 18 13 5  1

since an array starts at 1, I can't possibly store the "number of hits" with an
index corresponding to their "coefficient value".
If I switch the coefficient values by a value starting at 1 (i,e. instead of
-4,...4, it would be 1...9) then when I plot the array I don't see the relevant
coefficients (in the abscissa ordinate) because of the switch.

Is there a way to get around this problem ?

Thanks,

Jean-Michel