Difficult Question

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Difficult Question
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:09:57 -0500

On 25-Jun-2004, Joe Koski <address@hidden> wrote:

| Having successfully completed a project, I feel the need to contribute some
| money to the Octave cause. Where should I send the money to get the most
| "bang-for-the-buck?" Also, is there a non-profit organization so I can claim
| it as a tax deduction? Thanks.

The easiest and most secure way to make a contribution to the Octave
project is to use the online form at

  https://www.uwfoundation.wisc.edu/giving/giving2.nsf/jsCheck

To make sure that your contribution is directed to the Octave project
and not to the general UW Foundation fund, you must do the following:

 *  Select "Other - detailed below" in the "Gift Designation" section
    of the form.

 * Insert the following instructions into the text box:

   I/we wish to support ongoing development of the Octave modeling
   language, under the supervision of Professor James B. Rawlings and
   Dr. John W. Eaton of the Department of Chemical and Biological
   Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

If your contribution does not include these instructions, it will
probably not find its way to our account for Octave.

Cash contributions are tax-deductible in the US.

All contributions help.

Thanks,

jwe