Drawing shapes / non-function plots in Octave?

From: edA-qa mort-ora-y
Subject: Drawing shapes / non-function plots in Octave?
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 20:04:17 +0200

Is it possible to draw shapes using the plot functions in octave? In particular I want to visualize the vector work that I am doing, but it doesn't conform to a simple x=y mapping.

I am aware that I can do this:
        hold on;
        gplot( [ P1; P2 ] );
        gplot( [ P3; P4 ] );
to draw lines between arbitrary points. But this starts going extremely slow after about 50 lines or so.

Is there a better way to do this?

I added an example at http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?SimpleExamples of on of my problems I want to visualize -- using the above notation.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y