Re: Plotting vectors as points

From: Sue Stones
Subject: Re: Plotting vectors as points
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 22:48:03 +1000

I fianally managed to solve the problem, I worked out how to plot points using
numbers only, and ony after giving up have found the info to let me plot the
points directly, by taking the vetor apart like a matrix.

p1 = [1; 4];            % vector p1
plot(p1(1,:), p1(2,:), '@b*');

I still can't believe its such an unusual thing to do, but at least I've done
it.  Or is it so obvious that there is no need to mention it in the
tutorials??? (At least anyone reading through this list or the archives, will
have a chance of learning from my problems).

Now I need to see if I can determine the format string with a variable.  Does
anyone know if this is possible.

sue