help-octave

Re: how can I do Principal Components Analysis with octave?

From: Miquel Cabanas
Subject: Re: how can I do Principal Components Analysis with octave?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:21:14 +0200

the book "Applied Factor Analysis in the Natural Sciences" [1]
came with lots of Matlab code (appendix written by L. Marcus),
currently available at

http://life.bio.sunysb.edu/morph/soft-mult.html

look for REYBLUE and FACDOC in the table. Note though that
REYBLUE is an self-extracting exe-file, and that you will need
a DOS like environment to get the Matlab files.

Since this is Matlab v. 4.x code you should have almost no
problems to run it on Octave.

[1] R. Reyment and K.G. J├Âreskog. Applied Factor Analysis
    in the Natural Sciences. Cambridge University Press, 1993.
    (I think it's still available, for instante at Amazon)

--
SeRMN, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (address@hidden)