Suppress Display of `plot' while saving as ppm

From: daniel atwater
Subject: Suppress Display of `plot' while saving as ppm
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:15:56 -0700

I'm invoking Octave script that performs some plotting from a perl script within the crontab AND saves the plot as a ppm... I will be calling this process quite routinely, obviously, and would like to run this in the "background"!!! In fact, this is my main incentive for using Octave, since MATLAB does not provide support for creating and saving ppm files while in "terminal emulation" mode.

Does anyone know if it is possible to suppress the displaying of plots while retaining the ability to save them as ppm images?
If so, how so?

Thanks,
dpath2o

Daniel P. Atwater                                833 Dyer Rd., Bldg. 232, Rm.
328
Graduate Assistant                Monterey, CA 93943
Oceanography Dept.                831-656-1060 (voice)
Naval Postgraduate School         831-656-2712 (fax)
                            address@hidden