Re: LSODE and Dynamics

From: geordie . mcbain
Subject: Re: LSODE and Dynamics
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:25:45 +1000

DrakeGis:

A common trick in formulating dynamical systems is to reduce nonautonomous
systems like ydot(t) = A(y(t),t) to autonomous systems YDOT(t) = B(Y(t)), by
including the time as an additional dependent variable.  The time satisfies
the simple ODE tdot(t) = 1.

This is why LSODE and other ODE integrators don't bother providing for
explicit time dependence.

Hope this helps,

Geordie McBain