building octave-2.1.xx on SGI irix6.5

From: Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS)
Subject: building octave-2.1.xx on SGI irix6.5
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:02:23 -0600

Just a note for the record (and google) on building recent octave releases on
SGI irix6.5 systems

I haven't been able to build a working octave on SGI irix6.5 for over a year
now. This hadn't been a real problem until I retired some hardware recently.
The build goes OK but the binary core dumps on startup.  Thanks to Paul
Kienzle's
notes in http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?PaulKienzleIrixConf I have a fix.

The solution:  Don't use the SGI supplied libscs.so if you use g++