Re: Drawing several plots in one file, EPS files

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Drawing several plots in one file, EPS files
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 01:16:44 -0500

On Feb 27, 2004, at 11:07 PM, Henry F. Mollet wrote:

Thanks. I think it worked but I'll have to be able to view an eps file.
Henry
N.B. Easier said than done, apparently:
1. I can insert the eps file into a ppt file and print to a laser printer
but I don't have one at home.
2. I have Illustrator 7.0 in Classic OS 9.2 but the parser cannot read the
eps file.
3. I've downloaded and "installed?' ghostsript with finkcomander but I don't
know how to use it. I have a 2.3 MB file
ghostscript-8.00-3_darwin-powerpc.deb file in
/sw/var/cache/apt/archives/.

I did:

        sudo apt-get install ghostscript
        ps2pdf file.eps

Then looked at the file in Preview.
The file wasn't with gnuplot or epstk output though, so YMMV.

As it turns out, I didn't need to download anything since OS X 10.3
Preview supports conversion of ps to pdf automatically.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden